Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A challenge I had to overcome in Vancouver.

It was about 1 week ago, I had planned to go to a party but I got lost. After missing my dinner because my homestay mother was later than she expected, I took the 210 bus to phoebs exchange and normally to downtown... So, I caught this bus without even watching what was written on it because it had become an habit. In fact, I had already been taking this bus for 2 months. After a 5 minutes stop at phoebs exchange , I realized that I was going to west vancouver. I was really stressed because I had an appointment with other students from Tamwood to go in a pub and I have no cell phone here... Moreover, in two months, it was the first time it happened to me... I had been dreaming 5 minutes too much... I didn't know what to do because on one hand I didn't want to wait for a long time outside because it was freezing. On the other hand, I didn't want to stay there and get completely lost. So, I waited for a few minutes in the bus to think about the situation and while thinking I heard that the following busstop had a connection with the skytrain. As hearing it, I decided to take the skytrain. When I reached the station I asked sombedody if he could explained me how to go to burrard station. After listening to the explanation I finally arrived downtown. I was late but I wasn't alone because there are a lot of spanish people in the school who are always late ;) In the end, I spent a wonderful evening telling everybody this stupid story which happened to me.

No comments: